Troubleshooting Netgear Router not Showing Up on Network List Issue
The Netgear router is known for offering one of the best network coverage. However, many times you may have to face issues while using the router.
One such problem that the users come across is the Netgear router not showing up on the network list. It is a very common issue that you may come across at any point of time while using the router.
In this blog, we have covered in detail the solutions that you can try when this problem occurs.
However, if these issues keep occurring again and again, and if you are using the router for the first time, we recommend getting in touch with the Netgear support team for help and assistance.
Netgear Router not showing up on the Network Issue
The Netgear router uses a set identifier to allow devices to be able to locate it through the network name.
If you have properly set up the Netgear router but the devices are unable to show the network when the hotspot is turned then it indicates that the network is not able to broadcast the username. It is a common problem that can be fixed if you follow the troubleshooting solutions.
Solutions for Netgear Router not Showing up on Network List Issue
If you are seeing Netgear router not showing up on the network list then the first thing that you need to be doing is to make sure that the setup is properly configured. Mostly if the router is not properly set up it will show such type of any issue.
But, if you are sure that the issue is not with the router but there is some other problem the make sure to follow the troubleshooting solutions that can fix the Netgear router not showing up on the network list issue.
If the router was previously working then get in touch with the Internet Service Provider to know about the internet connection.
Here are a few solutions that can help you fix the issue.
⦁ If you are using the wireless feature then turn it off and connect the computer with the router using an ethernet cable connection.
⦁ Restart the computer and then check if the internet connection is working properly or not.
⦁ If the internet is still not working then restart the router and the modem to see if the issue is fixed.
These are the basic troubleshooting solutions that can help you with Netgear router not showing up on the network list. There are several reasons why you may come across such a problem.
Since there are multiple reasons why you may come across Netgear router not showing on the network there are different solutions that you can follow to fix the issue.
⦁ The first thing that you need to check is the device that you are connecting has no problem. If the wifi network is not showing up on your laptop then you must check if the wifi feature is enabled.
⦁ Restart the router and the modem. Often a quick restart of the device can help in fixing most of the issues related to the internet connection.
⦁ Check the network connection is hidden. Hiding the network connection allows you to secure your network connection. But sometimes it can result in Netgear router not showing up on network problems.
But if you want to connect to a network that is hidden you will have to follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Open the Settings and then click on the Network and Internet option.
2. Then select the wi-fi option.
3. Here choose manage known networks and select add a new network.
4. Then enter the username in the network name.
5. Choose the security type.
6. Enter the password of the network in the security key option.
7. Then choose to connect automatically option.
8. Then click on the Save option to save the settings.
⦁ There are so many things that can interfere with the network connection and as a result, cause an issue with the router not showing up. Make sure the router is placed in a higher position and kept in a place that has minimum obstructions.
Also, make sure the electronic devices are not present or turned off where the router is placed.
In case the Netgear router not showing up on the network list error is still not solved after following the solutions. You must get in touch with the Netgear Premium support team for help and more information about the issue.
- Netgear Extender Setup
- Netgear Router not working
- how to reset Netgear router
- Netgear extender won’t connect to the router
- Netgear router not getting full speed
- Netgear extender wn3000rp setup
- Netgear extender troubleshooting
- Netgear extender ex6200 setup
- Netgear extender n300 setup
- Netgear extender ac750 setup
- Netgear router not showing up on network list
- Netgear extender won’t connect to the internet
- netgear extender ex2700 setup
- Netgear extender red light
- Netgear router not connecting to the modem
- www.mywifiext.net smart wizard
- Netgear nighthawk ac1750 setup
- Netgear nighthawk ex7000 setup
- Netgear ex3700 setup
- Orbi wifi not working
- Netgear nighthawk wifi not working