How to Fix Netgear Router not Connecting Modem?
These days the internet has become one of the main requirements whether you need it at home or in the workplace. Whether you want to stream shows or want to enjoy surfing on the internet high-speed internet is one of the prime requirements.
That is why you must get a Netgear router as it is known for providing high-speed and stable network connections.
But, it is very common to come across Netgear router not connecting to the modem. It is a common problem that occurs when because of many reasons that we are going to discuss in detail here.
If you are coming across such an issue then you can follow the troubleshooting solutions to fix the problem. However, if you are new to using the Netgear router then it is best to get in touch with the technical support team for help and guidance.
Basic Solutions to Fix Netgear Router not Connecting to Modem
Here are some of the basic troubleshooting solutions that you can follow to resolve the Netgear router not connecting to the modem.
However, sometimes you may need help from the experts while following these steps. Get in touch with the Netgear support team for help and assistance.
- The first thing that you need to is restart the router and the modem. Simply, take out the power cable of the router and modem. Wait for a few minutes and then restart the devices. power cycle can help in fixing most of the errors with the router.
- Now, check the LED indicator light on the modem and router. If you see the LED light on the device then it means the connection is working fine but if the light is blinking then you need to follow the troubleshooting solutions to resolve the problem.
- Check the LED light of the router after troubleshooting solutions are fixed or not. You must get in touch with the technical support team for help and support.
Check the Speed of the Internet
- Try connecting the modem with the computer using an ethernet cable.
- Check the connection of the modem with the internet port of the router and see if the connection is properly established otherwise you may come across a Netgear router not connecting to the modem.
- If the network test fails you may come across issues so you must get in touch with the technical support team for help.
Reset the Netgear Router
If the solutions mentioned above do not help in resolving the issue then you may have to reset the Netgear router. Resetting will restore the default settings and you will have to complete the setup for the Netgear router again.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to resolve the issue.
- Try connecting the computer with the Netgear router using an ethernet cable.
- Open the web address and then complete the login. Type routerloginnet or enter the IP address of the router. If you are unable to access the Netgear router login page then get in touch with the technical support team for help.
- You may have to enter the SSID and the password.
- Once the login is complete open the settings and then select Reset to the default settings option.
- Select the option to reset the Netgear router and fix the issue.
- Then you need to restart the router and the modem. You will have to complete the setup again. If you are having any issue while completing the login then get in touch with the technical support team for help.
Update the Firmware of the Router
Often outdated versions of the firmware can result in issues with the router. So, updating the firmware will help in fixing the issue. Here are the steps that you need to follow to complete the router firmware update.
- Complete the login for the Netgear router. If you are unable to complete the login then make sure to get in touch with the Netgear experts.
- In the settings menu, you can check for updates.
- Also, check if the device is connected to the network while completing the login.
- You can complete the login on the web browser by using the IP address or the router login page.
- Once the updates are complete restart the computer, router, and modem. Check if the issues are resolved.
In this blog, we have covered in detail the solutions that you can follow to resolve the Netgear router not connecting to the modem. However, if the problem persists you must get in touch with the technical support team for help and more information.