Why is Netgear Nighthawk Wi-Fi not Working? | Problem Solved 2020
It is impossible to imagine a day without having access to the internet. Whether you are staying at home or going to work, having a stable network connection is a must.
Talking about a stable network, Netgear is known for offering some of the best networking products out there. If you are looking for a high-speed internet connection then Netgear provides with so many options.
Though Netgear is known for offering the best network it is very common to come across Nighthawk wifi not working problem. So, if you are having a hard time connecting to the Netgear router then do not worry.
It is a common issue that can be easily fixed by following the basic troubleshooting guidelines.
But, if you are new to using Netgear wifi or have limited technical knowledge then we recommend getting in touch with the Netgear support team for help and assistance.
Troubleshooting Solutions for Nighthawk Router Wi-Fi not Working
If you are having a problem with the Netgear router then do not panic.
It is a common issue that can be easily resolved in just a few minutes. Here are some of the basic troubleshooting solutions that you can try to resolve the problem.
- Try restarting the internet modem and router. Simply, unplug the cable from the router and the modem. Then wait for a few minutes. Plugin the cable of the router and modem to check if the issue is resolved or not.
- Now, check the LED light on your modem and router. If the indicator light starts blinking then it means everything is ok.
- Now, check if the Netgear router is working or not. If the problem persists then follow the solutions mentioned below. But, if you are running out of time and need immediate help then get in touch with the Netgear support team for assistance.
Check the Internet
If the Netgear Nighthawk Wi-Fi, not working problem occurs then many times it indicates that there is an issue with the internet. So, follow the steps mentioned below to fix the problem.
- Use an ethernet cable to connect the modem with the router. Check the cable that is connecting the modem and the router’s internet port. Disconnect it and connect the router with the computer’s internet port.
- Switch off the wireless router and then restart the computer and the modem after the connection is established.
- Now, check on the computer to test the network. If the testing fails then there is something wrong with the internet.
Reset the Netgear Nighthawk Router
If the steps mentioned above are unable to resolve the problem with the Nighthawk wifi not working then you may have to reset the router.
If you do not want to reset the nighthawk router then get in touch with the Netgear support team for a technical solution.
- Connect the computer with the Netgear router.
- Now complete the login for the Netgear router using the web address and the IP address.
- You will also have to enter the username and password. Most likely the username is ‘admin’ and the password is ‘password’.
- Once the Netgear login is complete go back to the settings. Here you need to choose ‘revert to factory default settings’.
- Then select the ‘erase’ option and your Netgear Nighthawk router will be returned to factory default settings.
Update the Firmware of the Netgear Router
The reason you are seeing Netgear Nighthawk wifi not working issue may be because of outdated firmware. So, here are the steps that you need to take to update the firmware of the Netgear router.
- Complete Netgear router login and in the settings you can check for updates.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet while completing the login.
- Once the update is complete you can check if the issue with the Netgear Nighthawk router is resolved or not.
Hard Reset Netgear Router
If nothing seems to work then a hard reset may help in fixing the Nighthawk router wifi not working issue.
- Press and hold the reset button at the bottom of the Netgear router. You can use a paperclip and press the reset button at the bottom of the Netgear router.
- Wait until all of the indicator lights start blinking.
- Now, restart the router and try setting it up again. If you are having any issue while completing the Netgear router setup you can contact the support team for help.
In this blog, we have covered in detail the solutions that you need to follow to resolve the Nighthawk wifi not working problem.
But, if the problem is still unresolved it is best to contact the Netgear support team for help and more information.