A Complete Guide on Netgear ex3700 Setup
Are you having trouble connecting to the internet? Well, many times you may come across issues while trying to connect to the wifi network. While sometimes you may come across issues like a poor network connection.
Usually, these problems are very common but do require your attention. If you are having trouble connecting to the wi-fi network then you must complete the Netgear ex3700 setup.
Netgear is known for offering some of the best networking products in the market. You can surely use a Netgear extender to boost the wi-fi signals of the existing router.
In this blog, we have discussed in detail the steps that you need to take to complete the setup for Netgear ex3700.
But, if you are using it for the first time and are having trouble with it then it best to connect with the technical support team for help.
Here is what you need to do complete the Netgear ex3700 setup using the Web Browser
- Plugin the Netgear ex3700 extender and turn it on. Then wait for the indicator lights to turn green.
- Then connect the Netgear extender with the wi-fi network.
- Then open the web browser on your computer or mobile device. Now, you will have to enter the username and password. If you have not changed the credentials then you need to use the changed username and password to complete the login.
- Now, you will have to choose between the two options. Device to an extender that is 5GHz and extender to the router that is 2.4 GHz. Most of the routers do support 5 GHz but make sure to check the compatibility as well.
- Then you can save the settings and click on the apply option.
In case you are not able to complete the Netgear ex3700 setup then here are the steps that you can follow to complete the setup.
- Plugin the Netgear ex3700 with the power socket and turn it on.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and then check the LED light as it must turn green in color.
- Then connect the extender with the computer or laptop. Once the connection is established you will see the light blinking.
- Now, open a web browser on your computer or PC and then type mywifiext or enter the IP address of the device.
- Now, you will see a new extender setup page.
- Here click on the wifi range button.
- Then select the continue option.
- Now chose the router network from the list of options and then click on ok.
- Then click on the next option.
- Then enter the router’s network that you want to extend and then click on the next option.
- Then connect the wifi-enabled router with the extender.
- Then complete the registration and select the finish option once the Netgear ex3700 setup.
If you are unable to complete the setup using the method above then you cause the WPS button to complete the setup.
Netgear ex3700 setup using WPS Button
- Plugin the Netgear ex3700 extender into the wall socket and then turn it on.
- Find the WPS button on the ex3700 extender.
- Then press the WPS button on the Netgear ex3700 extender.
- Also, hold the WPS button.
- Wait for a few minutes then press the WPS button on the router. Check the LED light on the Netgear and the LED light must turn solid green.
If you are having issues while using the Netgear extender or completing the ex3700 setup then check the firmware extender. If the speed of the Netgear extender is not good enough then check the firmware.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to update the firmware of the Netgear extender ex3700.
- Plugin the Netgear ex3700 setup into the power source.
- Then open up a web browser on the computer.
- Then enter mywifiext in the address bar.
- Now, the login page for the Netgear will open up.
- Here you need to see in the settings for Firmware update.
- If the update for the firmware is required then click on the update. Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the firmware update.
In this blog, we have discussed in detail the steps that you need to follow to complete the Netgear ex3700 setup. You can complete the setup within just a few minutes.
However, many times you may come across issues while completing the setup. That is why you must get in touch with the Netgear technical support team for help and assistance.