How to Fix Netgear Router not Working Issue?
Netgear router is one of the most preferred networking devices used as it offers seamless coverage without any hassle. The Netgear routers are designed to provide you one of the best network connections.
However, many times you may come across a Netgear router not working problem and it can be very frustrating. However, if you are going through this issue then the good thing is that you do not have to worry about it.
This problem can be easily fixed if you follow the basic troubleshooting solutions. In this blog, we have discussed in detail the solutions that can help in resolving the problem.
However, if you are new to using the Netgear router or have little technical knowledge then it is best to get in touch with the Netgear technicians for help and support.
How to Troubleshoot Netgear not Working Problem?
There are different reasons why you may come issues while using the Netgear router. However, you can surely fix this issue by following the basic solutions.
However, if you do not know much about it then get in touch with the technical support team for help and guidance.
Here are common Netgear router not working problems and their solutions.
Unable to log in to the Netgear router
You may come across Netgear not working issues if the login is incomplete. It happens when you are not able to complete the configuration due to multiple reasons. Here are the steps that you can follow to resolve the problem.
- Connect the router and the modem and the computer in the LAN port.
- Switch off the devices which included, modem, router, and computer, and then switch them on.
- Wait for sometimes until the device reboots.
- Open a web browser and then type 192.168.1.1 the IP address of the device.
- If you are unable to login to the Netgear router login page then make sure to get in touch with the Netgear support team for help.
- Then enter the username and the password.
- Now, a popup will appear on the screen.
- Then select the next button.
- Save the router settings.
These are the steps that you need to follow to complete the configuration of the Netgear router.
Most of the Netgear router not working issue can be easily fixed if you follow the basic troubleshooting steps however, in case you are facing any doubt or trouble make sure to contact the support team for help.
Power Cycle the Device
Often a quick power cycle is all you need to resolve the biggest issue in a device. You can get in touch with the Netgear support team if you are having any problem while performing a power cycle.
- Take out the plug and the power cable of the modem and the router. Then plug in the power source.
- Make sure to restart the computer.
- Now, check the indicator light on the device and see if it is solid in color and stable. If the LED light keeps flickering then get in touch with the Netgear support team for help.
- Use an ethernet cable to connect the modem and the router.
- Now check if the Netgear router not working issues are fixed or not. if the problem persists you will have to proceed further with the troubleshooting solutions.
Perform a Soft Reset
- Connect the router and the modem using the wireless feature.
- Use the IP address to complete the Netgear login.
- Enter the username and password.
- Then go to the settings and select the erase option.
The router has reset its settings. Now you can restart the device and power cycle the router and the modem to resolve the problem.
If the soft reset is unable to fix the Netgear router not working issue then you will have to perform the steps for a hard reset.
- Press and hold the reset button on the Netgear router. If you are unable to press the button use a paper clip to pull the button.
- When the LED light starts flickering you need to restart the router and complete the setup again.
- If you need any tips or information about the Netgear router setup get in touch with the support team for help and support.
What else can you do?
If you have followed the steps mentioned above but still the Netgear router not working issue persists. Then you can follow the advanced tips mentioned below to resolve the problem.
- Restart the router, modem, and the computer.
- Make sure the IP address is correct and set to static.
- Enable the safe mode while opening the web browser.
- Make sure the antivirus is not allowed while using the Firewall.
- You can try reinstalling the LAN drivers.
- Connect the router and the computer using an ethernet cable connection.
- Run the scanner on your PC to resolve the issue.
- Erase the cache data, cookies, and the history of the web browser.
If you are coming across Netgear router not working issues then you can get in touch with the support team for help.
Usually, the steps mentioned in this blog will help in fixing the issue however, if the issue persists then you need help from the Netgear technical support team.