Quick Solutions to Fix Netgear Router not Getting Full Speed Issue
These days the internet has become one of the most basic requirements whether at work or home. Without any doubt, it can be very frustrating to come across issues that are related to the internet. That is why it is very important to have a reliable network.
Netgear router is one of the most preferred networking products. So, if you are looking for a router that is secure and stable then Netgear should be your first choice.
However, you need to make sure that the Netgear router is working properly. Many times you may come across issues while using the router so it is possible that the Netgear router not getting full speed.
This problem may arise because of several reasons however, it can be easily fixed if you follow the basic solutions.
In this blog, we have discussed in detail the basic troubleshooting solutions that can help you in fixing this problem. However, if the issue persists you must get in touch with the Netgear technicians for help.
Here is What you can do if Netgear router not Getting Full Speed Issues Occurs
It is very common to experience Netgear router speed related issues but the good things are that it can be easily fixed.
If the router is having trouble maintaining the speed or broadcast a strong wi-fi network, then there are chances that you Netgear router not getting full speed or receiving wi-fi signals.
Several factors help in maintaining the speed of the wi-fi network. To avoid issues related to the Netgear router you must make sure that the router’s firmware is updated to the latest version.
Here are a few Troubleshooting Solutions to try when Netgear Router not Getting Full Speed
Check the Speed
- You need to check and make sure that the speed of the wi-fi is fast.s Otherwise it will show issues and errors. So, the first thing that you need to be doing is to check the speed of the wi-fi connection.
- You can use online websites to check the speed of the internet. You can conduct a wired speed test and check if the speed is an issue because of a wired or wireless connection.
- If the wired connection speed test is less than 70% then you will have to troubleshoot the issues. If the wired connection test is ok then there is an issue with the wireless network.
Check the Network Connection
- The first thing that you need to check is the ethernet cable connection is properly configured and setup. Here are a few things to note.
- Check the indicator lights on the router. If the light is stable and solid then it means the network connection is established and is ok.
- If the computer and the router are connected using an ethernet connection then LAN LED must be turned on.
Check the Equipment
- Make sure to check the compatibility of the wireless device with the network connection.
- If you have wireless that is quite old then you need to check the WPA2 and change the settings.
Update the Firmware
The firmware software allows the Netgear router to control the wireless function. If you have not updated the Netgear router for a long time then it is better to update the router’s firmware software to the latest version.
- To update the firmware software the first thing that you need to do is sign in to the Netgear router login page.
- Then open the Router’s administration page and click on the Advanced option.
- Then select Administration and the choose firmware update option.
- You can then click on the check option to see if there is any update required.
- If yes then click on it and the firmware will automatically start updating.
Get a Netgear Wi-Fi Extender
Sometimes Netgear router not getting full speed issues may occur because the wi-fi is not able to cover the entire area. If the solutions mentioned above are not able to resolve the issue then you need an extender.
The Netgear extender receives the signals from the router and amplifies it to the areas that are dead zones. You need to install the device and complete the setup by using the CD drive. If you are unable to complete the setup then get help from the Netgear technicians.
These are some of the basic solutions that can help in boosting the wi-fi signals of your wi-fi network and help in boosting the speed.
However, if the problem is unfixed then you must get in touch with the Netgear support team. The technicians will help you with the Netgear router not getting full speed by providing technical solutions.